Opportunities to work with MIT MDic
We offer multiple opportunities for organizations, industry and individulas to interact. We seek to to develop long term collaborative relationships to support clinical researchers’ and companies’ engineering needs and our students' educational goals.
We can help prototype mechanical and mechatronic devices and reserach equipment.
For a sample of our current research areas please see Research.
Most of our projects are prototyped in the Medical Device Design course
We are also open to discussing sponsored research projects.
Please note that we do provide funding for projects.
Some of the benefits of sponsorship include:
- Access to New Technology – Be the first to view, guide the development of and potentially acquire new medical device technologies.
- Sponsored Research – The Center will work with companies to address both “blue sky” exploratory and more immediate application-driven design challenges.
- Clinical Connections – Center personnel and students work closely with CIMIT and leading Boston-area practitioners to ensure project’s clinical pertinence.
- Recruitment – Sponsoring companies will have ample opportunities to interact with both undergraduate and graduate students with proven design skills who are eager to work in the Medical Device field. (In 2010 three graduating seniors obtained mechanical design positions with medical device companies.)
- Recognition – Public acknowledgment as a model corporate citizen for partnering with the #1 ranked engineering school and an entrepreneurial leader.
We welcome all levels of sponsorship, as well as in-kind donations, and will work to craft a mutually beneficial agreement. Please contact us directly to discuss how we might work together.
Additional MIT Contacts
For the last 60+ years MIT's Industrial Liaison Program has assisted innovation-driven companies in their interactions with Institute faculty and research to encourage the mutual flow of knowledge and resources.